Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 15, 2009

Vacation Do Not Forgets


Each time I return from a vacation I am reminded of the small things that matter the most. Small things like an extra blanket, a case of cold bottled water (we never buy bottled water), coloring books for the kids, and good cd's for those miles and miles of road that never seem to have good music. Some of these items we remembered for this trip and others we forgot.

I think I forgot more than I remembered to pack.

Then again, I was reminded of some new items to add to my list of Do Not Forgets for Next Trip. Things such as:

Make lots of silly faces.


Find a way to stay cool from the summer heat.


Stop and take lots of pictures.



You can never be clean enough or groomed just right.



Some things from home remain the same on vacation. There just is no escape.



There never seems to be enough food with three...um four boys.




Expect the unexpected.



Flowers are gorgeous in any setting.


Lastly, something I think we can all agree upon--You can't ever have too much toilet paper on hand.



The Arizonans must agree.

13 Comments:

Chef E said...

From the sites you must have had fun with those boys of yours!

I am having a blast here in the mother country :)

Steph @Red Clay Diaries said...

Welcome back! Great pictures as usual.

And... were those... LLAMAS? I thought you were in Arizona, not Peru.

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

Your dog cracks me up. Welcome home. :)

Cate O'Malley said...

Love the funny faces picture -too cute!

Kristi said...

Those cookies look delish!

Glad you guys got home safe. Feel free to email me those chapters you wanted me to read. Looking forward to it.

unconfidentialcook said...

What fun!!!

unconfidentialcook said...

What fun!!!

Katie Bug said...

Don't the little ones have surprisingly good sense of timing? That spider is so big! That would have been the end of me outside.

Phoo-D said...

Love the photos! It looks like you had a wonderful time. After looking at all those bugs and snakes I think I'm going to start praying for only female children - or stick to dogs! Help!

Annaimports said...

Hello, just dropped in to checkout your blog and also introduce our Grand Opening for wholesale handbags . We offer the ultimate super selection wholesale of handbags, purses, wallet, Quilted bag, with the highest quality and the absolute lowest prices and that's a promise. We extend our invitation for you to stop on by and check our website out at : handbags, purses Thank you and have a great day!

Angels March said...

You are making me so homesick for Texas. Sigh...

Anyway I hope your little one is recovering from the bee stings.

Keep posting!

Concord Carpenter said...

Looks like alot of fun. That trip has been on my planner for a few years now.... any day now.

Great photos too!

~ concord carpenter

Dead End Coventry said...

haha great blog
going crazy with a jeep in the open texas landscape

Blog Widget by LinkWithin