Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, June 5, 2009

Blackberry Confession (You're Gonna Whoop Me)


I have a confession to make: I totally told someone where my secret blackberry patch is located.


Please forgive me. Please don't whack me across the head. I know, I would not tell where this secret spot is to even a priest, but yet I would reveal my secret to someone I have never even met in person or talked to before. I went against everything I had claimed I would never do...can you forgive me? Please?


(Photo above taken by Amy Locurto)

Thank you, I feel so much better now. Whew!

Owww, stop that!


I spontaneously asked Amy, a friend I met on Twitter, if she was interested in picking blackberries with me. To my surprise she said she would like to pick blackberries with me and from there directions were given and phone numbers exchanged. I felt a little guilty.




Now you may recognize Amy as one of the co-founders of the online photography community I Heart Faces. Amy is a great photographer and also blogs at Living Locurto where she posts give aways and freebies and writes about life. She also grew up in the same town as another blogger, Ree--aka The Pioneer Woman.



You may also recognize my horrible people faces photography. I want to let you know that I did not get one photograph with anyone's full face in it. At least not a good one. This is why I have never entered any of I Heart Face's contests, because I am a nervous wreck when it comes to photographing faces and therefor fail every single time.

Hanging my head in shame.

We had fun picking the rows of blackberries and chatting about blogging, kids, and life. I am glad I had this opportunity to meet someone I admire and this was a great start to an excellent summer and vacation.


Now if anyone can devise a way to distract kids from eating sun ripened blackberries, especially your guest's blackberries, please let me in on the secret. I was so embarrassed (which probably contributed to my lack of face photography skills).

4 Comments:

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

Wow! You are fast... Now I need to get my photos online. Thanks for letting me in on your secret! I won't tell, promise:-)

I had fun and can't wait to make some cobbler. I sure had fun. Good luck on your trip!!

Chef E said...

What a cute story and I am jealous :(

Rena--Museum Educator said...

What!?!?!?!? You shared the secret?!?!?!? Shame on you.

Now where was that patch located again... ;^)

--Rena (logcabinvillage)

JAS-- said...

Those look good, but what a fellow Texan wants to know (displaced in PA) is...do you have a secret Dewberry pickin' patch!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin