Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Arroz con Pollo


My affection with Tex-Mex and Hispanic cuisine began with me as a child. I remember many family outings eating at our local Panchos restaurant (back when Panchos was actually good). Usually, I filled my plate with fried chicken for dinner...I know so Tex-Mex...and sopapillas for dessert (I called them "soap pillows"). Even though my main course was fried chicken and the occasional hamburger, I still took samplings of enchiladas, flautas, and tacos from the rest of the family. Keep reading...

7 Comments:

Chef E said...

Ummm one of the many things authentic I will be eating in Texas soon!

Did you see my messages...do you know how to get your password for paypal? If you forgot it?

Screwed Up Texan said...

Chef E, got your email and I sent you a reply. Love, Love, Love Texan food (where I know I wont be able to find any good barbeques and tex-mex while on vacation out of state).

Hohni said...

That looks way too good!!!

Candance said...

I swear to God, if I lived at your house, I would weigh 1,000 pounds. Seriously, they would have to have a crane haul my fat butt off your sofa when you realized a strange, 1,000 pound woman was living on your sofa and eating all your food.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Hohni, it is way good.

Candance, I have a confession: I may look skinny from the waist up, but when you look down, I have a pretty fat butt myself. Phat I mean...uh, yah. Right...

Clementina aka "La Traductora" said...

Wow, I just found you, and I have to say that I love, love, love your blog! You seem like a genuinely nice person, a real human being. And, oh yeah, the recipes are great, too!

Screwed Up Texan said...

La Traductora, Welcome! Glad you like the recipes--I'll be adding many more. If you try any, let me know what you think.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin