Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Miracles in the Microwave



My life is now complete.

I no longer need anything in this world.

I have found a miracle in the microwave.

And it involves chocolate.

My husband made a huge mistake the other day and allowed me canvas our neighborhood during our first ever Neighborhood Yard Sale. I told him I was just going to say "hello" to those that were gracious enough to get involved and introduce myself as the coordinator of our neighborhood's crime watch. Secretly though I had placed a wad of cash inside my shirt pocket and set on my path of criminal activities--buying other people's stuff.

And I scored.

I scored big time...with microware. You remember that stuff from the 80s when microwaves became popular and cookbooks became available showing you how easy it is to prepare homemade meals in the microwave? I don't. I was like totally three. Anyways, I picked up a bacon maker thing and two cupcake molds for fifty cents each while out on my excursion. It was completely liberating.

Then, after an hour...or two...of "canvassing the neighborhood" I walked home, pulled out a box of brownie mix, whipped it up and poured the batter into the microware cupcake molds. Five minutes later, I was the happy indulger of dangerously chewy brownies. Dangerous because I was only five minutes from chocolaty pleasure on my tongue.

Is your mouth watering yet?

Screwed Up Texan's Miracles in the Microwave

You'll need microware cupcake molds. You can purchase these at a second hand store or online at websites such as Ebay. I found several by typing "Anchor Hocking Muffin" in the Ebay search box. Small mugs will also work, just make sure they are microwave safe.






Line microware molds with cupcake liners for easy removal. Prepare brownie mix batter according to package directions and pour into lined mold about halfway to the top. Place into microwave and cook on HIGH for approximately 4 1/2 minutes for six brownies. Brownie is done when wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Watch carefully and do not overcook. Allow to cool in mold for 5 minutes and then remove and place onto clean plate or serving tray.





My box of brownie mix made 15 cupcakes. I made a total of 30 cupcakes and all were gone within 48 hours. I ate three. Apparently, these miracles in the microwave go really well with ice cream. Yes, my husband got me back.

1 Comments:

Chef E said...

Yeah, I just drooled all over my blouse! I have a convection microwave, so I can bake in metal pans. I did in my cafe for quickies, but not at home...now I want to check these out!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin