Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, May 22, 2009

Late Friday Night Ramblings

Gosh. Look it is late Friday night right now. The Friday night of Memorial Day weekend and I am sitting at my computer listening to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon while tweeting, because quite frankly I have no life.


When was the last time I went out with girlfriends? Like forever ago (said in totally 80s style).

So, instead, I will sit here slouched up and listen to 43 minutes of unadulterated weirdly cosmic music online mostly because my husband wont let me put one of my two vinyls of Dark Side of the Moon on my turntable that I have hooked up to surround sound. Yah baby--surround sound.
Perfect photo for how cosmic music makes me feel:



And I sort of understand my husband's reasoning, because if I did put my record on, my husband might feel like this:




And then I'd have to light up my incense that I burn out of a cobalt blue antique bottle that incidentally got mistaken for a bong when a police officer came over to hand me some paperwork. Have I ever mentioned I am a neighborhood coordinator and work with the police frequently?

Yep.

That antique bottle situation got kinda awkward.

Earlier this afternoon, my youngest ran almost all the way across the park over to a couple of strangers and screamed on the top of his lungs, "MY PANTS ARE FALLING DOWN!" To which the stranger fixed his pants while I tried to hide. Then the rascal ran to the other side of the field where a group of skater teens were hanging out on the roof of the public bathrooms and started yelling at them to get down "OR ELSE YOU'RE GOING TO FALL OFF AND BREAK YOUR HEAD WIDE OPEN AND YOUR BRAINS ARE GOING TO FALL OUT!"

The skaters obliged and got off the roof.

And my kid, my youngest, handed them a couple shiny pennies that had been laying on the floor of the public bathroom. G.R.O.S.S.

Do you remember this day back in March? I do. How could I let the carpet stains allow me to forget?

These are the reasons I bought my dog, Lily, a dress today and turned on Pink Floyd while tweeting. Lava lamps and funky lanterns included.

1 Comments:

unconfidentialcook said...

The daughter of a friend built a fort with the living room furniture, took a big black magic marker and drew windows on the white sofa!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin