Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

For the Record--Happy Mother's Day


I almost went to church today.

Yes, me. Yes, the woman who hasn't been to church in over a year almost got the courage to put on her dress and walk over to church. Actually, I did put on a dress, but I just could not do it. Maybe another time.

Why did I want to go to church? You see, I really wanted one of these.



However, my children went to church and brought me home two pink carnations instead. All the women in my church get flowers on Mother's Day and I didn't want to miss out. I am easily pleased.

My oldest son made me a card in his Primary class. The first part of the card was written already and he had to fill in the blanks. Here is what he came up with:



My Mother

My mother has brown eyes and brown hair.
My mother likes to wash dishes.
She does not like to yell at my brothers.
My mother is so funny when she sits on the couch and makes funny faces.
She likes for me to help her clean up.
When I am naughty, she makes me sit on a chair.
When I am nice, she lets me play in my room.
My mother is prettiest when she puts pretty clothes on.
My favorite thing for her to cook is fish.
I love it when she takes me to McDonalds.
I love my Mommy very much and I know she loves me too.

For the record, I hate doing dishes, I do NOT sit on the couch and make funny faces usually, and my kid refuses to eat fish.

Happy Mother's Day.

10 Comments:

Isle Dance said...

Almost is pretty good. :o)

hintonrae said...

Hi, there! Stumbled across your blog through Twitter and Pioneer Woman and I can tell I'm going to love it. Your post today reminds me of my own...my 6 yr old son brought me a present this morning with the same type of letter. I'm more beautiful than a cheetah, weigh a hundred lbs, and he wouldn't trade me for a cheetah. Close is good enough--gotta love him.

Lori @

hintonrae.wordpress.com

Rhea said...

Those kinds of things crack me up because kids do say the wildest things. It's amazing what they come up with.

You dish-washing-lover you! hehe

Shirley said...

Awe that is sweet..he said you are the prettiest "when she puts on pretty clothes" I wish you would have seen that when you put on your dress..that is SO sweet!

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

The carnations are lovely and so was your card. Happy Mother's Day! (just a day late. :)

KMDuff said...

Love it! Are you going to make fish and innocently act surprised when he doesn't want it? :D

We got mini boxes of chocolates, but then in primary they gave them roses and balloons too for their moms. Wow! That was a lot!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Isle Dance, thanks for stopping by!Thanks for seeing the upside..I hadnt even thought of it that way!

Lori, Glad you found me! We have fun over here...as I've been told before...I'm a little wacky in a good way. lol

Rhea, Maybe I should make HIM wash the dishes. That'll teach him!

Shirley, Maybe I should have kept that dress on. It was black and my husband told me I looked like I was going to a funeral. Doesnt he know black is officially slimming?

Mindee, Happy Mother's Day to you too!

KMDuff, You've got me thinking revenge....I do have 80 fish filets in my freezer you know. Guess I havnt blogged about that yet...you tweeters know what I'm talking about. :)

Tracie said...

Enjoying your blog and life story. I grew up in a pretty idyllic LDS bubble which I still feel pretty blessed to live in now as I raise my lil ones. Your experiences, perspectives, and healing enrich my life. Thank you for sharing the hard stuff as we all learn to find joy in our journeys.

Lisa said...

Yeah I wondered about your son liking fish too. We should have a huge fish fry this summer. That would be fun.

And by the way, the faces you make when you sit on the couch are cute. You're probably not aware of your facial expressions when you are thinking your hardest or when you laugh to yourself at your own private inside joke.

Happy Mothers Day.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Thank you Tracie...I love it when people like yourself visit my blog. You are very kind.

Lisa, Shh...dont tell anyone about that time I cracked up after imagining a man falling down the stairs and spilling sprinkled donuts everywhere. People might think I am weird or something.

mmm, a fish fry does sound good though.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin