Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Clever Question



I want to move to the country. I want to move to the wilderness out in the comforts of silence and vast expanse. Not too far from the city, but far away enough.

I want to breathe fresh air and allow my children to run free. Maybe I am dreaming too big, but isn't it okay to dream? If my children were horses, my youngest would be the leader. Did I just compare my kids to horses?




Chomp.



I think sometimes it is easy to think life is greener on the other side of the pasture, but I've got to get to my pasture before I can tell you if that saying is true or not. Or maybe it's the other side of the fence.





Oh come on...play along with me as I make this up. You see I think I am so clever, but is it really that I am just wordy? Maybe I've got y'all all fooled. I mean, I can talk all day about onions, discovery, and my husband's crazy antics.

Is there anything else you'd like to know about me?

7 Comments:

Chef E said...

What beautiful photos! I always wanted to go to Wyoming, or the Dakotas and live like this...great thoughts for my day today!

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

I go back and forth between wanting to live like this with horses and ducks and dogs and no neighbors for miles and wanting to live in a loft in the middle of downtown where all I have to do is walk out my door to have everything I need and never need to mow or water or prune anything.

I guess the suburbs are my compromise but the suburbs never look this pretty in photos.

Expat From Hell said...

As usual, you are running ahead of me. Always entertained a fantasy about moving to Dighton, Kansas. If Jack Kerouac can do it, and Screwed Up Texan can think about it, then I can certainly do my share.
Thanks for posting this.

EFH

Screwed Up Texan said...

Chef E, I almost mentioned Wyoming in this post...I almost mentioned that as much as I want to move to the country, I will never move to central Wyoming. I made that mistake already. Cold. Too many deer. Too many pop guts (prairie dog things). Too much wind. Too much cold. Too far to drive for a simple grocery shopping trip. It seemed so romantic to me at first and then I lived there and changed my mind. Maybe I'm just a pansy.

Mindee, Yeah! Loved watching you on Rachael Ray this morning! And i agree, the suburbs just ain't the best for taking photos in.

EFH, Get your bags packed. Just remember what I told Chef E! lol

Chef E said...

Okay, you just put the image of me walking along and stepping the the pop-up hole and hurting my already knee bruised, broken twice foot damaged lower body, so I will stick to fighting off large bugs and snakes at the least, oh and do not forget the savage rednecks :)

bayouchild said...

Only way to live. Never lived in a town and never will. Do it u wont be sorry, ever.

aamphys said...

I've been reading your blog for the past hour and I just finished the "keepin it real" thing and it's awesome.Especially the pictures..they're so soothing.
Yes I think your a bit wordy but there's alot of sagacity in what you say like that thing about "getting to your pasture first".
loved it

Blog Widget by LinkWithin