Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Okie Adventures: Rosie


As I sat in the waiting room at the veterinarian's office Wednesday, I pondered to myself why I got a dog. Several years ago, my husband and I owned Alaskan Malamutes, however we had to leave them in Utah when we moved to Texas. I look back and regret it at times, but there was really nothing we could have done to have kept them. My husband's grandfather found them a new place to live and I can only hope they went to a good home.

With three young boys, my husband and I decided to wait until our children got a little older before we got another dog. We knew that eventually we'd welcome another pet into our family, but we wanted to make sure the time was right. I think our recent trip to Oklahoma proved to us that the kids were mature enough to handle a dog.

We met Rosie at the cabins we stayed at in Oklahoma. Her owner had recently passed and she is being taken care of by a neighbor. Our kids loved her and played with her every moment they could get. They chased her and she chased them. I think it was love at first sight. Alas, Rosie has a caretaker, as sad as it is that her owner passed away, so we could not take her with us (although I certainly would have if given the chance).




Rosie is a special dog. She had bacon and eggs on us (although I don't think we were supposed to feed her). She got pork chop bones for a snack too.

Rosie is a sweetheart. My heart melted for her--how could anyone resist doggie kisses? Well, take that back...now that I've seen my own new dog lick herself I can definitely resist doggie kisses.



Rosie, you made us fall in love with you--and that made it much easier to fall in love with Lily.


3 Comments:

Expat From Hell said...

A great post - fellow dog lovers can appreciate. Thanks for putting this one up.
Makes me appreciate my dog just a little more.

EFH

Karen said...

Sweet Rosie! What is it that makes us fall for these four legged creatures? I wish I knew.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know the kids went with you and your friend, isn't she from Vegas?? Did the kids have fun?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin