Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Okie Adventures: The Cow


It is interesting in my mind how each of us makes a different impression upon others. Take for instance this cow--he looks angry and intolerant to me. Perhaps he ate the wrong weed. He wants to know what the heck I am doing near his fence snapping photos of him.

He wants to know why I insist on standing there with my camera when I have obviously frightened his friends. He wants to know why the heck I am laughing and carrying on like I am with that other human who has now exited the driver's door and is slowly making her way to the fence. How could we break their peaceful, natural mooing.


He is angry...it is obvious.




Or maybe he just needs to scratch his ear. Yep, that's it. He was just embarrassed and so he waited until we humans got back into our car to scratch his ear.

(Have you ever seen a cow scratch its ear? It is one amusing feat I tell ya.)

Reminds me of the first time I got pulled over by a police officer. My soon-to-be-husband and I were driving from Texas to Utah to get married. We had been traveling for several hours. I was following my fiance across several states and through several towns. Our drive just so happened to take us through Moab, Utah during a busy night with tourists everywhere.

I was tired. I was beat from driving since early in the morning and now it was approaching midnight. Looking back, I really should have stopped somewhere and tried to get some sleep. However, we were almost to our final destination and I decided to push myself just a couple more hours. It would not be too hard if I just kept my eyes on my fiance's car ahead of me.

Inevitably, my fiance ran a yellow light and since I was right behind him, I ran a red light. It was unfortunate I didn't realize that a cop was right behind me with his flashing lights until several blocks later. When I finally pulled over, I had a look on my face very similar to the photograph of that cow. The police officer thought I was angry--I was not. I was embarrassed to be getting scolded at by a police officer in front of the man I was soon to be married to. See the eyes on that cow? That is how my eyes looked.

Lucky me, the police officer told me I was "a crappy driver" and gave me a warning.

What do you think: Angry cow or Embarrassed Cow?

6 Comments:

Michelle Hoad said...

My vote is angry driver, scared cow. If a cow is mad,you will know it!

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

Oh the stupid things we did before we knew better!

I'm going with bewildered cow.

Richard Reeve said...

What a great story that this cow reminded you of...the mind is such an amazing thing.

Karen said...

I'm thinking the cow is wondering at you brought him. That is the exact same look my family gives me when I get home from the store. They all ask what did I bring them.

Screwed Up Texan said...

It so interesting to see the different views each of us take from the same cow.

Mary-Frances said...

I think his expression is one of caution. He's interested but cautious. Heck, I don't speak cow so I'm not sure. Great story though!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin