Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, March 27, 2009

You Can Help End the Cycle of Abuse


Surely by now you have heard of the awful violence that Rihanna suffered allegedly at the hands of her boyfriend, Chris Brown, who according to police reports, allegedly verbally abused, beat, and choked her. All to often, women who endure domestic violence  return to the abusive relationship because they are afraid, they think it is their fault or because they think the abuse occurred out of love.


Now you can help spread the word on domestic abuse awareness and speak out against this terrible travesty. According to statistics, one out of three women worldwide is a victim of domestic violence. Ending the cycle of abuse is what I believe in and now you can help for just $3 with the purchase of the Avon Empowerment Bracelet! 100% of the net proceeds ($2.25) will be donated to the Avon Empowerment Fund to end violence against women globally. You will receive a Domestic Violence Resource Guide with this product.

The infinity symbol in the Avon Empowerment Bracelet symbolizes a future without limitations for all women. 

Also available are the Empowerment Pendant Necklace ($5) and the Speak Out Against Domestic Violence Keychain ($3.50). 

Why not spend a little time and just a few dollars to support a cause worthy program like this.

Also, you can still order my book, Screwed Up: My Life, which deals with my personal story of growing up in a difficult childhood and how I overcame my past to end the cycle of abuse in my own grown life.


A True Story
By Allie Van Wagoner

4 Comments:

Carol @SheLives said...

Bracelets!!! I am such the bracelet-aholic! I need to find an Avon rep for that??? I'm on it.

Girl, I didn't know you'd read a book. I figured your were a Screwed Up Texan because...well, aren't we all? And here you've dong and written a book!!

Are there signed copies available anywhere? (I do love signed copies.)

I need to stop by here more often. Remind me if I forget. Tweets are good!

kristi said...

Awesome! I love Avon and I am all for women empowerment.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Hey Carol, I left you a DM on twitter. I hope to be offering signed copies in the near future.

Kristi, and for just $3.00, why not? It is such a low price and Avon gives $2.25 to their initiative.

Rhea said...

That's a pretty bracelet...and even better what it stands for.

Nice.

As soon as I have some extra funds (a little short at the moment!) I will get one.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin