Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Turning Five (And Mom has Some Fun)


We celebrated our son's fifth birthday. It's sad and happy to watch him grow older. Sad because I can no longer cradle him in my arms like a baby and happy because he is becoming more independent and not wetting the bed anymore. I am so glad those days are over. I'm just sayin'.

Our boy was so happy--smiling for the camera whenever we asked him to.




Check this one out. Isn't he so cute?




And this one.



And this one too.



Of course, you can only take so much from mom sticking the camara in your face while there is a perfectly frosted strawberry and chocolate cake sitting in front of you with hundreds of sprinkles scattered on top.




Oh come on, just one more? Pretty please???



Well. Fine. Okay. Have it your way.

5 Comments:

Sherie Sloane said...

Happy Birthday! :) These shots are so adorable. Thanks for reminding new moms like me to cherish the 'smallness' of our little ones.

Phoo-D said...

Cute kids and a beautiful cake! Looks like a great party. I think Five is one of the best years.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Thank you for your kind words Sherie.

Phoo_D, thanks...I think the look of my kids in the last pic is classic. BTW, I love the new look on your blog!

Rhea said...

Awww, Happy Birthday to your boy! That cake looks delicious.

Miss M.J. Ma'am said...

It's so bitter sweet,right? Very cute pics! You have a great site,I'm awed by your courage. I try to do my part by donating to my local shelter, but wish I could do more.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin