Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Random Underwear Test


Have you ever found yourself scratching your watch and winding your butt? You know, completely confused? I have.

Immediately after graduating high school, I attended Ricks College in Idaho. The landscape was absolutely beautiful and stunning. It was something I had never experienced before living near the mountains, sand dunes, and lava fields. Really I had no idea that lava fields and lava tubes even existed in the continental United States before then.

Ricks College, now BYU-Idaho, is a Mormon church-owned religious university. While attending Ricks, I had to sign what is called an Honor Code. Basically by signing the Honor Code I am committing to live a clean lifestyle and I am prohibited from engaging in certain activities. I also must follow a dress code which includes dressing modestly and not dying my hair the color of Tang or with Tang to that matter (as an example).

I also was not allowed to wear thongs to class.

Now, to y'all who grew up in the West--Utah, Idaho, etc.--this makes perfect sense. To me, I was honest to God scared that each time I went to class that my professor was going to perform a random underwear test. I was always conscious of my panty line and I freaked out on more than one occasion that someone was staring at my rear. Maybe that is just me, but I have a suggestion to those that write the Honor Code:

Call them Flip-Flops!

Seriously.


★ Now go do something useful this weekend like make Easy Thin Mintz and then wash them down with Aguas Frescas. You'll be glad you did--trust me.

8 Comments:

Cowgirl in the City said...

You make me laugh! :)
~Cowgirl

P.S.He loves you.. said...

LOL! great morning post!

Amy said...

LOL! Of course, thong underwear probably didn't exist when they wrote the wording of the honor code. When people first started talking about wearing thongs as underwear, I was always confused. But I grew up calling the sandals thongs, zories, flip-flops, etc etc. Too funny!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Hey, glad I made y'all laugh--I've been wanting to share that rant for a while now! Amy, people call sandals zories? I've never heard of zories...

Katy said...

I seriously thought you meant, thong underwear. I thought, why would anyone care what underwear you wear. Flip-Flops... got it :)
I just call them sandles. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't wear flip-flops.

Emily and Tom said...

So funny! I went to the other church school down in Provo. Luckily they weren't so strict about dress and I could wear thongs (flip flops), overalls and *gasp* shorts.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Katy, It's good to know I am not the only one, lol :)

Emily and Tom, Oh man you were so lucky! I always wondered how come we couldnt wear shorts and y'all could. No fair. :)

Karen said...

Oh girl....that is funny stuff. Random underwear checks would have kept things interesting.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin