Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Learn From My Camera Mistakes


We went on a road trip recently down to the Hill Country of Texas. Oh how I love road trips and especially road trips leading to beautiful and grandeur places such as Perdenales State Park. If you're anything like me, you also love to take photographs of all these places to document the different things you saw, the different foods you ate, and moments together as a family or friends.

If you are also like me, you usually take dozens and dozens of photographs, usually filling up your memory card in the process.

(Hopefully, you're not like me and are not taking these photographs with a crappy HP R717 digital camera. That's right Hewlett Packard, I can't stand my camera, please send me a new one. Did you know I cant even take more than one photo on normal mode without turning the camera off? Please, learn from my mistake.)

Some of the photographs I take are gorgeous photographs like this.



While others are downright terrible. Partly, it is my fault that not all my photographs always turn out the way I hope...like trying to a photograph of the Texas State Capitol from the freeway.



Dang Walmart, I can't get away from you.





May I recommend you never try to take a photograph from the freeway just to save time (did I mention we were lost?).

This is the Dallas skyline after dark. See what taking photographs from the highway does? Told ya so. It also makes other cars honk at you, which can be quite embarrassing.







Trust me--learn from my mistakes.

6 Comments:

lmt1073 said...

LOL... I thought the skyline was Christmas decorations at first...

Karen said...

I have a ton of pictures like this. I have a Kodak easyshare that take similar type pictures. I love taking pictures from the road. They always make me laugh later.

Did you ever get a picture, up close and personal of the state capital?

Screwed Up Texan said...

lmt1073, I totally laughed when I downloaded them onto my computer.

Karen, I wish I could have taken some photos of the State Capitol up close and personal, but we were lost and the kids were asking to go to the restroom every ten minutes, so we tried to get out of there as fast as we could. I do want to try to go again and see if I can get some good photos.

Nancy said...

I thought those pics were cool . . . kind of psychadelic cool . . . like maybe we were seeing TX through the eyes of someone who was very very high . . . not everyone can catch pics like that.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Wow Nancy, I guess I never thought of it that way. I am sure some people do see Dallas in a sort of psychadelic way. :)

please sir said...

Cameras are always a good/bad thing! Love the photos though!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin