Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Honey, You're Voluptuous!


Men...


Men are different creatures than us women. They act differently, they talk differently, they think differently. No matter how much we women try to compare them to us, men will always be from Mars.

My husband and I are reading a couple books together. You know the kind...how to understand the opposite sex books. Actually, I won the books from Tricia Goyer, an accomplished Christian writer and women's speaker on her blog.

The books really have been eye opening and revealing. I feel I have learned a lot about my husband. For instance, I never realized that 75% of men would rather feel unloved than disrespected. I never realized that men need to conquer challenges in order to make them feel empowered. I never realized that telling my husband to pull the frickin car over and ask for directions was the equivalent of telling him he was stupid and couldn't figure it out for himself.

Who would've known?

I think my husband and I have learned quite a bit about each other in the last week we have read these books together. I have learned ways to communicate with my spouse that doesnt come off as nagging, critical or disrespectful. According to intensive research and the book For Women Only, by Shaunti Feldhahn, a man equates respect and honor with being loved. This is absolutely foreign to me as I would rather feel unrespected than unloved.

My husband and I are learning together on a journey towards thoughtful actions and kind words.

So, let me tell you that I was extremely shocked into disbelief when my husband very innocently remarked to me as I got out of the shower, "Honey, you are so voluptuous!"

And to think I thought we were both breaking ground...

Note to guys: Never call your woman "voluptuous," it is the equivalent of calling her beautifully fat--and you never want to call her fat no matter how beautiful or fat she may be!

9 Comments:

Mindee said...

LOL! Yep, that's one of those moments where you have to concentrate really hard on what his intent was.

Voluptuous. Snort.

Hohni said...

Well....lets give him an A for effort.

Karen said...

I am so cracking up! That really is funny. Nice try husband, but "smokin' hot" would have gotten ya further.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Poor husband...he really thought he was giving me a compliment. He was totally clueless!

Mr Spooky said...

What a classic!!! Thank you for the great start to my day! lol

tcyarbs said...

Well, I wouldn't know if I should laugh or cry. I hate it when my husband tries to do something his just not good at-and I am telling you, complimenting me is one of those things.

I wonder what the equivelant is for a guy? Saying something like "You are so sweet-masculanity is over rated"

Rhea said...

ROFL Poor guy. He tried...

I love that you two are working on understanding each other and communicating better. That's a sign of true love and commitment!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Next time, I'll just call him "husky" and see how he likes it...

Nancy said...

Oh that is so funny. I will tell you though that I think guys tend to like "voluptious" even if it is beautifully fat. And sadly, all we want to be is skinny skinny skinny.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin