Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Easy Thin Mintz


Don't miss out on this classic favorite!


Did you miss the Girl Scouts this year or were you too busy wrangling kids when you saw them at the grocery store dressed up in their cute little outfits to stop and purchase some? Perhaps you're just trying to save a buck or two in this economy and skipped out buying their delicious cookies this year. Well, don't deprive yourself! Although not exactly the same, these cookies are sure to please your taste buds and soothe your comfort zone.

Ah heck! You're just not going to be able to put these babies down. Believe me, I tried...

And I miserably failed.

Easy Thin Mintz Recipe

Ingredients:

1 package plain Ritz crackers
1 cup chocolate almond bark
1 cup dark chocolate
1-2 tsp peppermint extract or a few drops of peppermint oil (must use peppermint)

Method:

Melt the chocolate almond bark and dark chocolate by putting it in the microwave and stirring every 30-45 seconds. Stir in peppermint extract or peppermint oil. Dip individual Ritz crackers into chocolate, using two forks, making sure to coat the cracker completely. Personally, I just use my fingers to dip--utensils are too complicated. Allow excess chocolate mixture to drip off and place "cookie" onto wax paper to harden.

Last, but not least, engorge yourself. That's right--be a complete glutton. You know you wanna.

Now that was easy--especially the eating part.

4 Comments:

P.S.He loves you.. said...

These look like they would taste better then teh GS mints..but i didn't say that.

I'll try and as long as I get to lick the bowl I'll like it!

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

Oh my goodness. Ritz cracker? Really? Who thought that up?

Screwed Up Texan said...

The Ritz cracker sounds different...but it is so good with the chocolate. I saw a recipe online for it and then I tweaked that recipe to my likings. Try it! They are so delish!

Phoo-D said...

Allie, These look evil - As in I would probably make them and eat every single one! Now I'm going to be thinking about these all day. =)
Phoo-D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin