Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Book Published, Screwed Up: My Life

Last night, you may have seen a little blurb announcing my decision to offer my story for sale to the public. I know many of you look forward each week to new postings on Screwed Up: My Life and I will continue to post those chapters weekly. There are at least twenty more chapters in this series.

A True Story
By Allie Van Wagoner


For those of you who do not want to wait, I am now currently offering my story in book form starting at the low price of just $12.95 for a paperback version over at blurb.com. Blurb is an online book-making company that produces high-quality bookstore type books similar to what you will find at Barnes & Noble and other bookstores.

The printed book you will recieve is completely designed by me and I have attempted to create a very professional layout. This book includes twenty-nine chapters and 133 pages. It also includes the post "Shed the Shell of Shame" which has been edited for book form and also includes contact information for the National Abuse Prevention Hotline, Child Abuse Hotline, and the National Suicide Prevention Hotline. 10% off all profits will be donated to a charity of my choice.

Inside this high-quality book you will find three poems that have been hand-picked by me and have a special purpose for my story. The first is Kick Him Down by Dr. J. Haynes and was my sister Shelly's favorite poem during her last days here on Earth. Also inlcuded is a poem she wrote, Revolving Door, which she composed a week before she passed away. I have also included the poem I wrote, My Love, which was originally written when I was just fourteen and is mentioned in the story.

Again, 10% of all profits from the sale of this book will be donated to charity and you will be one of the first to view such intimate details of my life that I hope will bring you happiness and peace. It is my desire that the story of my life will open your eyes to another side of America. I am encouraged by all of you to tell my story and I am grateful for the confidence sharing has given me. May you too be confident in sharing your own personal story and may we all break the chains of abuse.

View a preview of my book here.

A True Story
By Allie Van Wagoner

3 Comments:

Isle Dance said...

(((((Well done!)))))

Karen said...

Girl, you rock. I will be ordering mine on Friday.

Rhea said...

How wonderful! I'm interested.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin