Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, February 13, 2009

A Valentine and a Poem

From my family to yours:



And a poem too:

My Love

My Sweetie
I love you
With all my heart--
The love
Between us
Will not depart.

Though times
Get rugged
And it seems I don't care--
Love
Without you
I cannot bare.

So please,
Don't leave me
I am not through!
The person
I love
Is sweet, sweet you.

You may also remember this is as the poem I wrote while I was pissed off at my mother as a teenager.

And even more screwed up: Today is Friday the Thirteenth. May nothing bad happen today that ruins your Valentines weekend.

5 Comments:

Karen said...

Too late on not having my Valentine's Day weekend messed with. It is what is, I guess.

I hope your Valentine's Day is fabulous. I love the poem.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Karen, what happened already???

Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

Hi, Allie!

Wanted to let you know I have enjoyed reading your blog. Thanks for following me. It brought me here and now I am able to "meet" you! I look forward to getting to know you better.

I love the poem. Did you give it to your mom?

Happy Valentine's Day!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Tracy, thank you for the compliment on the poem. It has been one of my all time favorite poems that I have written. I did give it to my mom and every once in a while I recite it to my husband.

I love to write poems and one of my new endeavors is writing what I call "Photographic Reflections" which you can find a category for on my blog. Basically, I take photographs that I have taken and infuse them with verse. Take a look, I am sure you'll find more poems that you like of mine. I have one that I will be sharing next week as well.

Happy Valentines to you too!

mom said...

I love you Miss Allie Sallie.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin