Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 5, 2009

Okie Adventures: Historic Route 66 in Sapulpa


I had a fine weekend in Sapulpa, Oklahoma celebrating my twin brother's and my birthday together and with our mother, younger brother and my twin brother's family. We ate at a nice resteraunt, watched a couple movies, went for a ride in my twin's classic Cutless and enjoyed the very nice weather by going on a walk.


Saturday was warm, but by that evening a strong cold front had swept through and cooled things off quite a bit. Which is why Sunday my sister-in-law and I decided to go for car ride. I have wanted to take photographs of Downtown Sapulpa for a while, and this was my chance...especially now that I have Photoshop Elements for 25 more days.

As you can see, Sapulpa lies along Historic 66.





In this photograph, a mural depicting Historic Route 66 is displayed.







This is a busy street corner, quiet on a Sunday afternoon.



Sign from the "past".


This is the entrance to a storefront, boarded up in Sapulpa, off of Historic Route 66.

I enjoyed my time in Oklahoma, and I hope you enjoy the photographs. Sapulpa is a quaint small city to visit. Next time, perhaps I will do a little shopping. Antiques anyone?


0 Comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin