Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Okie Adventures: Armadillo Man


There is nothing more inviting, more memorable, more unmistakably remarkable and beautiful to me than spending time with my loved ones on a roadtrip, out in the country, away from civilization. Those times are the times that I learn of some of the most endearing qualities about those I am traveling with.

Those are the moments that sometimes quiet, serene places reveal all their beauty. So, if I am lucky, my husband will pull off the road and allow me to photograph some of these inherently beautiful places.



Notice the vibrant blue skies--the golden winter grass. See how the water's reflection captures an intense cerulean color.





Wait...what's this?




Sometimes, my farm raised husband notices something I do not. I know this is the case when he springs out the driver's side door and sprints across a crisp, golden field.

What the heck is he doing? He's ruining my shot!



Dude, you've got to be kidding me.







No worries, the armadillo was not harmed and we let him go. He made it to his home safely...we watched.

2 Comments:

mom said...

Cowboy! Why? Why? Why?
would anyone want to pick up an armadillo? Why?
I will never be able to look at you the same again.......
ewhhhwwww

must have been something your "other mom" taught you cuz I would never have let you touch it!

Allie said...

I take it you made it to London safely!

Cant believe how dissapointed my husband is for not keeping the armadillo. Crazy...I think.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin