Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 6, 2008

We Had a Great Weekend at the Western Day Festival

No need to go to the State Fair of Texas this year as we had all the fun we could get at the Lewisville Western Day's Festival. This year was the first year that the city charged people to get in and they charged a hefty $20 per person. Thank goodness Lewisville residents were free!

At the Western Day's Festival there was the annual parade with a traditional longhorn drive down Main Street, fair food, drinks, beer for the cowboys (no worries, Cowboy was the only cowboy without a beer), rides for the kids, vendors and live entertainment. The highlight for the evening was the Eli Young band. Boy were they good.

With the excitement, I am sure glad I brought my camara. You know I had so much fun when I got home playing around with Photoshop. Here are some pictures of our time at the fair:

Longhorn cattle drive


Parade


ME of course!
Little Prince

2 Comments:

Candance said...

How did I not know about this? Networking is my job-I should've been there. Crap. a. chicken.

Oh well, now that I am all full of cooties, it's probably I didn't spread my typhoid to all of Lewisville, too. But still...

Allie said...

The festival was the 27th Sept. It was GREAT and so much FUN! You will have to make it for next year.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin