Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

CLR Bathroom and Kitchen Cleaner Review for Tackle It Tuesdays


As a busy mother of three young and very energetic young boys, I am always looking for an easier way to stay on top of things...especially when it comes to cleaning. Oh, and believe me, there is always something to clean in this crazy home!

I was one of the lucky ones that signed up and got a FREE full size bottle of CLR Bathroom and Kitchen Cleaner from 5minutesformom, a blog devoted to helping moms take control of their busy lives. The purpose of this freebie is to try out CLR Kitchen and Bathroom Cleaner and then review it for their Tackle-It-Tuesdays section.

For this review, I purposely left my kitchen and bathroom dirty just so I could get the full effect and true results for this product. Personally, my favorite type of bathroom cleaner is the foaming kind that comes in one of those metal spray cans. But hey, the CLR didn't cost me any money, so why not try it?

Here's my bathroom before CLR Bathroom and Kitchen Cleaner:


And here is my bathroom afterwards:


My opinion: CLR Bathroom and Kitchen cleaner works great for removing hard water stains from tiles and fixtures, but it only gets a little more than a so-so rating for removing heavy soap scum buildup. The foaming stuff in the metal can would have gotten the heavier dirt/soap scum build-up off the first time and without so much elbow grease. However, CLR Bathroom and Kitchen Cleaner left a very pleasant scent after cleaning that lasted for a couple days--something vital in my home with four males.

Here's my kitchen before CLR Bathroom and Kitchen Cleaner:


Here's my kitchen after CLR Bathroom and Kitchen Cleaner:



My opinion: CLR Bathroom and Kitchen Cleaner again works great for removing hard water spots from fixtures and the stainless steel sink, but it got just a so-so rating again for removing spills, food and grease. I had to reapply the product several times to get the countertops and stove clean. On the other hand, CLR worked great for my microwave--all I did was spray and BHAM all the food splatter "magically" wiped clean. Again, CLR Bathroom and Kitchen Cleaner left a wonderfully pleasant scent that had me organizing my counters and walking into my kitchen just to sniff.

An additional suprise with CLR Bathroom and Kitchen Cleaner came Friday afternoon while I was cleaning out my van for my trip to Oklahoma (something I'll be blogging about later). You see, our cup holders were full of heated and hardened barbeque sauce, coke syrup and other who-knows-whats. I sprayed down the cup holders with the CLR Bathroom and Kitchen Cleaner and then wiped them down with a damp rag and Voila!, the been-dirty-for-two-years cup holders are now clean! Amazing!

Overall, I think CLR Bathroom and Kitchen Cleaner is a good product. On a scale of 1 to 5, I'd score it a 4. I will definitely be buying this product in the future (Retails in the $4 range).
And if you've ever wondered what a little Photoshopping will do to a bathtub, take a look below--GROSS!


Now head on over to 5minitesformom to check out other great mom bloggers' reviews for this product!

3 Comments:

Charli said...

My lazy butt is always looking for better bathroom cleaning products. So far, I love Kaboom! It foams up as well. But its not in a metal can- what product are you talking about? I am very interested to try it out if it works so well for you...

Susie said...

Great tackle and a great review:-)

Allie said...

Charli,

CLR Bathroom and Kitchen Cleaner works great...except I didnt get great results with the really dirty grime. It came off and was clean afterwards, but I used way more elbow grease than I am used to.

Susie,

Thanks!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin