Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, September 5, 2008

My First Day at the Citizen's Police Academy




Well, it is after 11 PM and I just got back home. As some of you know, I started my first day at the Lewisville Citizen's Police Academy. As our neighborhood's Crime Watch coordinator, I think this program is a great opportunity for me to learn about how the police work and to provide me with training for the crime watch. Besides, now I'll be qualified to watch my neighbors...he he he! Classes are held almost every Thursday from 7 PM until 10 PM or later. Graduation is December 4th at the Hilton Garden Inn.

Something that I like already about the academy is the instructor, Srgt P. He is one hilarious cowboy! He had the class laughing so hard and he really helped put us students at ease. Srgt P's description of pepper spray really had me rolling: "It's like a thousand little midgets poking you and it never stops." Who says midgets anymore?

I tell you what though...some of my fellow classmates kind of frighten me. Like the dark haired guy that shot almost every bad guy with precision in the simulator. I mean, even the manner in which he stood relayed that this was not his first time shooting. Perhaps I should feel better knowing that skilled persons are taking the class with me.

Me--I stayed quiet today. Don't really know why. Maybe I just didn't have enough caffeine in my system or perhaps it was because I am tired from learning CSS and html code all day. Notice the new look of my blog?

2 Comments:

Chet Of The Undead said...

Who says Midgets anymore?

I do!

(But when I do, it's kinda more of a jazzy, funkadelically smooth sound as it spills out of my mouth between my fangs...yaknow, the way Kenny G's music would sound if maybe he added a funky black dude playing an equally funkaay guitar...OH and if dental equipment wasn't always roaring where Mr. G's music playing in the background)

So....uhh...yeah!!

Good luck with your Police-o-logical studies! :)

Allie said...

Uhhhh Thanx!

(Just between you and me, I say midget too...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin