Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

New Seascape Mural

I just love this picture of me...pretty cool, huh?



Just so ya know, I changed my "Screwed Up Texan" photo to this. What do you think?

Okay, that was random. Now back to the topic.

Alrighty y'all...I have decided to give my oldest a new look for his bedroom, mostly because this year is a special year for him (he started Kindergarten) and I never got the chance to decorate any of my children's bedrooms or nursuries. You see, we moved a lot or never had the time or were decorating to sell for most of our marriage/family life. I really dont think we will be going anywhere for a while, and since we have lived in this home for nearly two years, I think it is time for a change. So, I have stuck my youngest two in the small bedroom (10 x 12) and my oldest in the largest bedroom (15 x 12). I know...it should be the other way around. Scientist now gets his own television and full size bed. Lucky him!

Scientist also has a special request for the decorating: he wants me to paint a mural on the wall. So, we decided on a seascape scene. He wants a boat, lighthouse and plane. Well, a car too, but I dont think so. He really wants to help paint. Do you think I should let him help? I mean, he's only five. What could he help me paint or do? I don't want to let him down. Let me know what you think about Scientist helping.

Here are some preliminary pictures. I will have more in the coming days. Remember, I haven't painted a mural in a while:



3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is an excellent idea to paint a mural for Austin's room. As for letting him help tell him he has to start at the bottom of the latter. He must learn how to bring you those things you need to be successful. Teach him to lay out the drop cloth, assemble the brushes and paint cans.

I can't wait to see the new look! I gave you those canvases: when you going to paint me a picture. You don't even have to let me help!
LOL

Kristi said...

Ooooo, I'm lovin it already! It's so fun to decorate a room.

Is there something he could paint that doesn't recquire too much skill? Like a big swath of sand or something? That way you don't have to worry too much about him getting outside the designated area.

I'm such a control freak myself, I"m not sure I'd let my kids help. I can hardly let them help me make cookies in the kitchen! So all the more power to ya if you can let him help.

Allie said...

Anon...no worries, I wont let you help :) Although, I do have to say that I remember seeing a pic that you drew and it was quite good.

Kristi, I think that is a great idea to let him paint some sand or rocks or something. Come to think of it, I guess I too am a control freak when it comes to this sort of stuff. Last week, when I was in a baking mood, I would not let the boys "help" me make cinnamin rolls. They did help me eat them though.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin